OK< I get asked this question a fair bit, so I think it’s time to lay out my policies on commissions on this site.
- Yes, I do take commissions.
- I do custom or established or reinterpreted designs. Ships, vehicles, droids/mechs, buildings, stations, machinery, etc. I do not do character, creature, or environment pieces.
- My commissions are $40/hr.
- A full ship can easily run from 30-100 hours of work.
- I “bill” in chunks of time. I will iterate designs and take art direction, but it will figure into the final cost of the piece.
- My rate is CHEAP rate for the quality of output.
- I will not guarantee rush output. This is a hobby, and I have a job and family that take absolute precedence over 3D.
- I will only take projects that are interesting. I do not run a design studio for hire to the highest bidder.